News on China's scientific and technological development.


Kaeshmiri

Junior Member
Registered Member
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I wonder if this is a trend. Trump is bye bye so allies don't have to fear reprisal for not obeying him.
I don't think so. Going after Huawei isn't Trumps policy (he isnt that smart) its actually the American establishments policy which has bipartisan support. Bidens stance towards Chinas tech sector will remain the same.
Americans feel that their hegemony will end if China becomes a tech superpower and this wont be allowed by any President.
 

Tam

Colonel
Registered Member
What percentage of Ant is owned by foreign Anglos?

Dunno. We know Softbank has a share in Alibaba.

There is an increasing sense among investors that China and the Yuan is a safe haven and are flocking to it. That's causing the Yuan to rise. Ray Dalio's Bridgewater Associates, which is the world's biggest hedge fund, has great results in their China investing.
 

hullopilllw

Junior Member
Registered Member
What percentage of Ant is owned by foreign Anglos?


Ant is yanked out of Alibaba to make sure Softbank does not end up being her majority shareholder. The biggest foreign backer should be GIC/Temasek of Singapore. A few other wealth investment bank/fund got in 2018 iirc.
 

Chish

Junior Member
Registered Member
The number of chinese travelling abroad for studying in 2018 had more than triple in a decade. Why is it so? chinese universities arent good enough for them?
My wife had hosted many students from China and about 80% of them are spoiled kids not interested in studying. The other 20% study hard but not the smartest. The parents sent them overseas because they got no chances in a university in China let alone a popular one. All the parents required were that their childrens get into a famous university in Australia, does not matter if the degree is useful or not. Australian universities are very accomodating and created many special degrees or courses to suit chinese students as long as the parents pay full fees.
But since the pandemic hundreds of these specially designed degrees had been cancelled as Chinese students are unable or are not coming back.
 

Top