I agree with everything except the stopping of the coronavirus investigation. The west will definetely create their own "investigation task force" to "ensure that the investigation will be done in a fair and transparent way".Exactly.
I had predicted that Tedros and the WHO would fold to the US. I knew Tedros was weak. I had predicted that they would want to change the team of investigators going into Wuhan for the next phase of virus origins tracing. It actually happened, and its worse than I thought. They were going to select the new investigators without transparency. That is why China is 100% right to reject this. Smart people can smell a witch-hunt from miles away.
Here is what I predict will happen next:
1) US and friends are going to accuse China of non cooperation, non-transparency, and trying to 'hide something'. They'll take this as China's admission of guilt.
2) In the next month, August, the US intelligence report will be ready. It'll be full of BS 'evidence', but will not be made for public reading. The US govt will take that report and say "AHA!" we got the evidence now. Little snippets of that BS report will be announced by US politicians, but that's all we are all gonna get: their words. Because they rest of it is supposed to be 'classified'.
3) The US and its dogs will proceed to issue more sanctions to China. More crap to stifle China's economy, and stigmatize the Chinese people.
4) China will protest and defend itself; which will be ignored. China will demand for the evidence for which none will be given.
5) WHO's Covid-19 tracing investigation will be suspended indefinitely. It'll practically ends there.
6) China could launch their own investigation. But there will be many roadblocks due to having to investigate in other sovereign territories. They may find something, but will be dismissed by the free world as 'propaganda and lies'.
7) The world will be divided on the Covid-19 origins theory like: WIV, Fort Detrick, aliens, or nature. Which means, we will be back to square one. We don't know.
From the US's point of view. This is a win-win scenario. First, the virus tracing work ends. There is no more risk of the investigations eventually coming to the US. Second, further stigmatization and demonization of China. Third, the US could use it as a pretext for demanding compensation from China. How? We shall see.
It is my hope that I'm wrong, and that the WHO eventually changes course and starts doing its job properly. But the history is not encouraging. The US, especially under the Democrats have been spectacularly successful at hijacking international institutions. The OPCW has been compromised, WADA has been compromised, BCI has been compromised, the MH-17 Joint-Investigation-Team has been compromised, IAEA maybe, and so on.
Best thing for China to do is to complete that Covid-19 origins tracing independently, with full scientific transparency. Publish that report for peer review. Don't bother if the free world rejects it. What's more important is the action of full transparency itself. The scientific and academic community will understand and appreciate it. Let the world sort out the facts on their own. Oh, but don't forget to continue rapidly building up the Chinese military, in case the US and friends gets a little bit too over-confident.
It will then start making up its own theories, realising their own "totally real findings of the virus totally leaking for the Wuhan Biolab" etc.
This is not the end. This is the beginning
The incoming witch-hunt will be of unreal proportions, reaching such a level of propaganda that Joseph Goebbels himself would be proud of