I was just commenting on this elsewhere.
- Picard seems to have runaway from Picard. He was the Brother who openly stated he hated the Vineyard. He was the one who left and joined Starfleet now he’s making wine?
- This is NOT TNG. We have action a long running season based plot on the offing and clearly a dirty dingy Starfleet. Modern Adult trek. The perfect well adjusted people are gone and Starfleet can sin.
- some of the baddies look like space balls ball troopers.
- Data may not be back. It’s clearly a CGI and hopefully one that will improve before release. Picard says he doesn’t want the “game” to end. This could be a Holographic cameo or a Nexis style event where some outside device has allowed the two to play a game of poker.
- Picard is pouring himself a drink when Seven calls out to him. That is no Tea pot in his hand. Jean luc May have traded his Earl grey for a harder regular drink.
- Romulans are everywhere and Borg are shown once. Picard’s new body guard ( the Elf looking dude) is romulan at least one of the individuals he talks to is clearly sporting the same tats as Nero, another Romulan.