How is this post from two years ago relevant to news from these days?Nein!!! The mods limited his posts' visibility to himself only.
I skimmed through that thread before it got censored, I'll collate the bits of info I could remember.
- WS-10 has at least six variants
- WS-10 original
- WS-10B for J-10 series
- WS-10D for J-16 and Flanker series - closely related to WS-10B
- WS-10H with H standing for 海 or sea
- WS-10IPE - 14t thrust variant
- WS-10J with J standing for 舰载 or shipboard, AKA carrier aircraft engines
- Both the manufacturer and customer lost enthusiasm for the WS-10B so while it exists and is undergoing certification, there's no impetus to adopt it on J-10s
- Gongke101 believes it's because the number of J-10s equipped with AL-31s have already formed a critical mass and a switch to WS-10s would encounter significant systemic inertia
- WS-10H was the former name of the WS-10J but is now the name of the variant used on PLANAF J-11Bs
- WS-10J is the variant designed for J-15s; he mentioned something about the outlook of this variant but I forgot what he said
- When asked about the announcement about the WS-15 achieving design certification in 3 to 5 years, Gongke101 said it was very possible because he hasn't heard any bad news about the WS-15 lately
We know that one WS-10 engine is called WS-10C. WS-10C is IPE?