This is called megaphone diplomacy; PM Morrison is trying to cater to the public press to make himself seem reasonable when he and his mob, under the blessing of a white supremacist White House heavily persecuted Chinese interests for the past 3 years.
No, the way this is resolved is first Australia needs to offer China something as a show of good faith, for eg rescinding the anti foreign investment laws targeting China and reversing anti china/anti BRI policies, they could also offer an apology for the Chinese journalists who were forcibly ransacked and spied on; they could allow Huawei some choice government contracts- in fact, i think the last one would go a long way as a sign of good faith.
Anything less than the above, and there's shit all to talk about.
Not that i care, i'm cashed up, ready to get myself some aussie stocks when china finally bans australian iron ore.
I think China's side already had enough on those tricks Australia(and the West) pulled on on her domestic issues esp on the subversion attempts in TW, HK, Tibet. Be it training and instigating elements of separatism. Long term doctrine of western values through universities to align the youths with western foreign policies. Those are moves are playing the long game.
China is even further along the line : they no longer accept Australia winding down when China hit her where it hurts, only to resume with the same old nonsense when scenario allows and Australia is a nation that behave as such.
China should hold strictly Australia into a treaty to ensure :
1. No spreading of her whatever ideology/political values through any channels. She can spread it anywhere but China.
2. No funding/training of separatism efforts nor habouring of such dissents. This cover all areas of China esp : HK, Tibet, Taiwan, Xinjiang etc.
3. Do not interfere in what is rightfully China's domestic domain.
4. Reiterate One-China Principal being the basis upon which both side build economic ties on.
5. Admit and curb the propaganda warfare against China.
Should any of the above be breach, then all gloves will be off.
First Australia, then New Zealand, UK, Canada and finally when the time calls for it, the US.