Ask anything Thread


PLAEnthusiast.

New Member
Registered Member
You have to reach a certain number of reaction points. I just recently gained the ability to see others profiles. I believe its above 100 reaction points to get it. I think it's to prevent new users who could possibly be trolls to just constantly harass someone's profile by making new accs
 
Last edited:

Jiang ZeminFanboy

Senior Member
Registered Member
I remember there was an article about Apple that is becoming more and more Chinese (suppliers), and also about the majority of Apple factories that are in China, and that only some are in Vietnam and India. Does anyone have that article about Apple?
 

Feima

New Member
Registered Member
There are videos on Bilibili, and maybe also on Youtube, showing flag bearing horse riders in traditional garb riding in the snow. They were either sending off or welcoming return of a bus load of medical personnel supporting the Covid fight in Wuhan. I think the riders were from Inner Mongolia. Anyone has links to the videos?
 

SanWenYu

Senior Member
Registered Member
There are videos on Bilibili, and maybe also on Youtube, showing flag bearing horse riders in traditional garb riding in the snow. They were either sending off or welcoming return of a bus load of medical personnel supporting the Covid fight in Wuhan. I think the riders were from Inner Mongolia. Anyone has links to the videos?
This?
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
 

KampfAlwin

Junior Member
Registered Member
Does anyone know how Twitter's recommendations algorithm works, and how to manipulate it? I only follow PLA watchers, Chinese accounts and like tweets posting PLA and other military stuff.

But for some goddamned reason, the recommendations in my feed keeps spamming me with legit Indian propaganda tweets(Funnily, almost all the Indian accounts have the same Indian flag design as their profile pic). I keep clicking 'not interested' every time, but it keeps getting worse and worse and now I'm flooded with more of the crap.

Jesus christ, I just want them to show the relevant 10% of those recommendations, not the other 90%. Is there a solution to this?
 
Last edited:

tygyg1111

Junior Member
Registered Member
Does anyone know how Twitter's recommendations algorithm works, and how to manipulate it? I only follow PLA watchers, Chinese accounts and like tweets posting PLA and other military stuff.

But for some goddamned reason, the recommendations in my feed keeps spamming me with legit Indian propaganda tweets(Funnily, almost all the Indian accounts have the same Indian flag design as their profile pic). I keep clicking 'not interested' every time, but it keeps getting worse and worse and now I'm flooded with more of the crap.

Jesus christ, I just want them to show the relevant 10% of those recommendations, not the other 90%. Is there a solution to this?
There are probably a lot of Indians that frequently view PLA accounts out of jealousy, that also follow Indian propaganda accounts, thereby stuffing up the algorithm for everyone.

Also, I wouldn't put it past twitter to have 'tweaked' the algorithm to bump up those Indian accounts, for well known reasons.
 

supersnoop

Senior Member
Registered Member
There are probably a lot of Indians that frequently view PLA accounts out of jealousy, that also follow Indian propaganda accounts, thereby stuffing up the algorithm for everyone.

Also, I wouldn't put it past twitter to have 'tweaked' the algorithm to bump up those Indian accounts, for well known reasons.
Almost 100% what's going on
I actually think they would bump up those accounts because it's easy to get ad clicks
Even if CPC (cost per click) is lower in India, the volume must make up for it.
 

ficker22

Junior Member
Registered Member
Does somebody know if Titanium aluminides, mostly γ-TiAl and TiAl³, have been used lately in more engineering solutions?
I know GE used them in their GEnx and GE9X for low pressure turbine blades.


Titanium aluminides are very light weight, with 4.0g/cm³ (TiAl³ has 3.4g/cm³) almost ceramics level of lightness (in contrast pureTitanium has 4.5g/cm³ ), have resistance to heat (up to 1000 C°) and favourable mechanical properties similar to metal alloys.


I have been pondering, M777 towed howitzer praises itself always for being very lightweight, I wonder if using γ-TiAl or TiAl³ in some parts instead of Titanium alloys or steel can work out to make it even lighter.
 

Top