"Certainly better late than never", huh.The Hanjian (China hater and rooting for American Empire and Imperialism in Asia) Collin Koh posted something useful.
Now the bolded is pretty interesting. I wonder how they know this. Also if true, seems like a really drastic way to guard against accidental launches in exchange for much lowered nuke readiness. I would think there would be multiple layers of safeguards and authentication in place to ensure no unauthorized launches.An interesting and long piece by credible people.
- China is really good at keeping its submarines secret. Basically, everything is an interpolation or speculation.
- China claims there was just a single 092 but it is certain that there was more than one, probably four.
- Improvement is occurring, iteratively.
- Hull numbers are not displayed anymore.
- Chinese SSBNs stay near the shore.
- Chinese SSBNs are not armed in peacetime for unknown reasons.
- The JL-2A likely exists and has enough range to hit all of the USA from the SCS. (My opinion: It likely is capable of these considering its size)
- The 094 is still noisy.
- There are 7-9 094s in existence in 4 iterations (094, 094A, 094A with sail windows, 094B)