Hypothetical Question involved SG-1


Kampfwagen

Junior Member
Well, I happen to be a fan of Stargate, even if it is a little hokey. Hardly any ideas in Sci-Fi are original anymore, to be honest. So I will try not to venture so far off topic.

To be honest, no. I dont think China would or should get any of the technology off of the stargate program or any Stargates for that matter. Considering that the U.S got it only out of luck from an egyptian find, and the Russian's Stargate litteraly fell into their lap. So considering the rarity of such events (if you take it with a bit of reality of course) I think that the U.S is well within it's right to keep a Stargate program, as are the Russians. And as such should be keeping them secret, lest other nations (not just China) start playing games like this.

As far as the Ori having better technology than the Asgard? No. Most of the Ori's technology depends on their status as etheral beings. Not to mention, their 'gate' technology is very unweildy. Though they are certantly more powerful than the Tokra/Jafa/Goauld technologies.

And the whole USAF thing? Did you guys know that Richard Dean Anderson, who was a producer (and might still be, not sure) and director on the show was awarded a medal by the USAF for it's positive spin on the Air Force.

And I personaly always found the Anubis and Horus guard to look much, much cooler than that dorky Serpent Guard helmet. And dont knock the staffs! They can blow someone across a room if set high enough. Pretty versitile tech.

Sorry, I must admit I am a Sci-Fi dork. :roll:
 

AssassinsMace

Brigadier
Kampfwagen said:
Well, I happen to be a fan of Stargate, even if it is a little hokey. Hardly any ideas in Sci-Fi are original anymore, to be honest. So I will try not to venture so far off topic.

To be honest, no. I dont think China would or should get any of the technology off of the stargate program or any Stargates for that matter. Considering that the U.S got it only out of luck from an egyptian find, and the Russian's Stargate litteraly fell into their lap. So considering the rarity of such events (if you take it with a bit of reality of course) I think that the U.S is well within it's right to keep a Stargate program, as are the Russians. And as such should be keeping them secret, lest other nations (not just China) start playing games like this.

As far as the Ori having better technology than the Asgard? No. Most of the Ori's technology depends on their status as etheral beings. Not to mention, their 'gate' technology is very unweildy. Though they are certantly more powerful than the Tokra/Jafa/Goauld technologies.

And the whole USAF thing? Did you guys know that Richard Dean Anderson, who was a producer (and might still be, not sure) and director on the show was awarded a medal by the USAF for it's positive spin on the Air Force.

And I personaly always found the Anubis and Horus guard to look much, much cooler than that dorky Serpent Guard helmet. And dont knock the staffs! They can blow someone across a room if set high enough. Pretty versitile tech.

Sorry, I must admit I am a Sci-Fi dork. :roll:
Wasn't there some episode where they said the staff weapon was just a terrorist weapon and not practical in battlefield conditions? Then they demostrated their submachines guns which kill more effectively.
 

darth sidious

Banned Idiot
Kampfwagen said:
Well, I happen to be a fan of Stargate, even if it is a little hokey. Hardly any ideas in Sci-Fi are original anymore, to be honest. So I will try not to venture so far off topic.

To be honest, no. I dont think China would or should get any of the technology off of the stargate program or any Stargates for that matter. Considering that the U.S got it only out of luck from an egyptian find, and the Russian's Stargate litteraly fell into their lap. So considering the rarity of such events (if you take it with a bit of reality of course) I think that the U.S is well within it's right to keep a Stargate program, as are the Russians. And as such should be keeping them secret, lest other nations (not just China) start playing games like this.

As far as the Ori having better technology than the Asgard? No. Most of the Ori's technology depends on their status as etheral beings. Not to mention, their 'gate' technology is very unweildy. Though they are certantly more powerful than the Tokra/Jafa/Goauld technologies.

And the whole USAF thing? Did you guys know that Richard Dean Anderson, who was a producer (and might still be, not sure) and director on the show was awarded a medal by the USAF for it's positive spin on the Air Force.

And I personaly always found the Anubis and Horus guard to look much, much cooler than that dorky Serpent Guard helmet. And dont knock the staffs! They can blow someone across a room if set high enough. Pretty versitile tech.

Sorry, I must admit I am a Sci-Fi dork. :roll:
the Serpent Guard helmet reminds me of dark helmet from spaceball :roll:

also the ori energy cannon was able to destroy the asguard shield preety easily considering the fact ori= evil ancients their tech should be preety advanced

the prior's ability to choke people is too close to that of darth vader a bit too infamous
 

New2u

New Member
I'm also i big SG-1 Fan!! i've watched every single one from 1-9 senson!!!
I'm waiting for the 10th senson thats coming out in July!!
The last episode (20th) of the 9th senson is really good too. CANT WAIT FOR THE CONNTUNUATION OF THAT episode OMG I WANNA KNOW IF THEY SURVIED OR NOT!!
 

PiSigma

"the engineer"
of course everyone survived, how can they continue a show when all the main characters got blown to bits by alien spaceships... earth always prevails. if they want to make it interesting, they should start killing main characters.
 

T-U-P

The Punisher
Staff member
Super Moderator
i've watched quite a few episodes of SG-1, but im still a long way from watching the whole serie. but i did notice that even though O'Neill is constantly seen carrying his P90, i've never seen him actually firing it. is it just for show or something? of course, he may have fired it in episodes i haven't seen.
 

AssassinsMace

Brigadier
T-U-P said:
i've watched quite a few episodes of SG-1, but im still a long way from watching the whole serie. but i did notice that even though O'Neill is constantly seen carrying his P90, i've never seen him actually firing it. is it just for show or something? of course, he may have fired it in episodes i haven't seen.
Yes, it's their main choice of weapon.
 

The_Zergling

Junior Member
darth sidious said:
star war meets star trek pathetic but hey what can you except

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!


enjoy
You mean the stuff depicted in the video was so absurd that it was pathetic? In that case, yes. If it was realistic the Empire would have wiped the floor with the Federation...

It was entertaining, though.
 

darth sidious

Banned Idiot
The_Zergling said:
You mean the stuff depicted in the video was so absurd that it was pathetic? In that case, yes. If it was realistic the Empire would have wiped the floor with the Federation...

It was entertaining, though.
I better example would be replacing leia's ship with fideration ship and have Darth Vader invade it

but then the video would be boring
 

Top