Natural disasters thread


DarkStar

Junior Member
Registered Member
Came across an interesting study on the effects of climate change and the authors reckon Australia, New Zealand, Ireland and the Iceland are the prime spots to ride out the apocalypse
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
 

Gatekeeper

Brigadier
Registered Member
Gee. I'm to the party then. But nevertheless, Mr T never fails in his mind bending abilities to see when one side harassed journalist is ok. But when the other side goes it. All hell break loose.

I don't think they're plain clothes police, but that doesn't mean they have good intentions.

There's a YouTube video
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
of a person trying to talk about the flood. She was a survivor talking about how she was lucky to escape and lots of other people died. As she was talking some arsehole intervened to shut her up, going on about the foreign media and China being "smeared". You can see how she just shuts down. She's not "heroically" being quiet to "save China's reputation", she's being bullied in public and is clearly distressed.

I expect those people going after the international media in China are like the arsehole from the video. They don't care about the victims or their families, they're just gits who want to divert attention from the tragedy because they're more interested in protecting an image of their country that they have in their heads. As if China is the only country in the world to face flooding and have people die, and that if there's a transparent public discussion some tragedy will befall the PRC on the international stage.

It doesn't matter if they're doing it of their own initiative or they're part of some neighbourhood committee that's received orders
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, it's disgusting behaviour. It's to be expected for the Chinese media
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
to shift coverage from the dead to recovery. It also not unsurprising for the local authorities to try to hide the flower memorials - well done to the locals for ripping the walls down by the way. But there's no excuse for people to bully those who just want to talk about what happened to them or their relatives. People like that should be ashamed of themselves.

I know he wont reply, but it would be interesting for the rest of us to see what he would say about this? To see how is going to spin his way oit of this?

FB_IMG_1627288471911.jpg
 

DarkStar

Junior Member
Registered Member
Australia really? It's literally a continent that is 98% uninhabitable. The recent drought and wildfires just made the other 2% pretty crappy too
From the perspective of a world Atlanticist elite, Australia would be a prime place given its seclusion, low population (only 25mln), slavish co-opted government, high mineral wealth and potential for large agricultural areas, especially if the Murray-Darling basin is developed.
 

DarkStar

Junior Member
Registered Member
From the perspective of a world Atlanticist elite, Australia would be a prime place given its seclusion, low population (only 25mln), slavish co-opted government, high mineral wealth and potential for large agricultural areas, especially if the Murray-Darling basin is developed.
This is the reason i believe that if or when the Five Eyes begin their 'kinetic' war against china, that China should take and hold Australia in perpetuity and settle the island continent with Chinese.
 

Top