If only! Most of the people in clips like the one above are no doubt perfectly normal and reasonable seeming on the surface, but as soon as their trigger words are uttered, they revert back to standard party-approved programming.
I do things to help in my country.I think you should leave worrying about China to the Chinese people, and worry more about your own country.
I live in Canada and I can clearly see the wreck we're heading towards. We're in the middle of a fourth wave and there's an election going on. None of the major parties are even talking about how to solve the covid crisis. People are sending unvaccinated kids to school as Delta cases are on the rise. Nobody knows how to resolve covid and are just pretending everything will go back to normal.
Instead of trying to convince your compatriots that China isn't a threat, why not ask them how exactly China threatens them.
Chances are, once you follow through on their reasoning, you'll discover that they're motivated by nothing more than racism.
With whites, they just openly call for banning all Chinese students from US universities because they are spiesIn the US the people I see that are really racist to Chinese is poor Blacks. I just dont see it that much with Whites, or don’t recognize it, I always feel with Whites it’s more about money or competition.
I do things to help in my country.
I think I know why some regular people are scared or threatened by China.
People vaguely known we have f*ked up China in the past, though certainly the Opium wars are not taught in School. Nor was colonialism really.
They are scared of two things…
1. China might want revenge on us, they think this because if the situation was reversed THEY might want revenge.
2. They think China could be come so powerful that they could basically “command and conquer” the whole world. They are scared of being shown on CCTV doing their native dances for Chinese tourists. This is because they don't undersrand China or know it’s history, we don’t even know our own history.
In the US, the people I see that are really racist to Chinese is poor Blacks. I just dont see it that much with Whites, or don’t recognize it, I always feel with Whites it’s more about money or competition.
Of course, I am in California not Alabama, and I don’t read much US media, so reality might be different from my experiences.
These are “Whites” too..With whites, they just openly call for banning all Chinese students from US universities because they are spies
The same rhetoric used against China for "stealing jobs" is the same rhetoric used to ban all Chinese immigration under the "Chinese Exclusion Act of 1895"
Whites are just more economic deft to employ divide-and-conquer, whereas Blacks don't have the subtle economic means to suppress Asians, so they resort to low-level violence or outright hate speech. Whites just do it more socially acceptable way of exploitation and racism against Asians since they rigged the system. Whites are racist, but they don't show it in traditional ways of racism of 1950's. It's sytematic and institutionalized racism that's couched under terms "patriotism" rhetoric like Trump does, and outright lies like "they steal our jerbs/tech/ bad human rights/genocide/commies".
I wonder why folks here give too much emphasis on the crap piece of Milley - Woodward & Robert Costa - WaPo/Other MSM?This story about China vs. General vs. Trump fits the "Savior" narrative PROPAGANDA they want to push.
What a crock full of shit. These "Adults in the room" portraying themselves as good guys are the same warmongers who profess endless war in Middle East is a good thing, dirty imperialists propagandists that will denigrate everyone to make themselves look better. You can't put lipstick on a pig.
- Look at those crazy Chinese misinterpreting our intentions, about to go to war, over land that doesn't even belong to them!
- Implies US can read their minds because Chinese intelligence is leaking like boat.
- Implies Chinese are short-sighted and narrow-minded and short-tempered.
- Implies China is aggressive and US is "Good Guy" Mr. Reasonable.
- Look at those crazy Trump about to get us into nuclear WW3 because he is a baby.
- Implies military leaders is more wise and rationale. (endless war in Afghanistan anyone?)
- Implies military leaders opposing civilian leadership is a good thing.
- Implies Trump is bad (Yes, I agree on this one)
- We "Adults in the room" (i.e. Generals) are pacifying the baby at home, and baddies abroad, because we are the "Good Guys" that only really go to War on Our Terms™, and we might notify you before hand (roll eyes)
- Implies US Generals are savior of domestic and international politics. Fuck China and civilian control.
Western MSM likes the narrative of "Wise Generals keeping Crazy Civilians and Crazy Chinese at-bay", so the Generals can spread their endless wars and death around the world.I wonder why folks here give too much emphasis on the crap piece of Milley - Woodward & Robert Costa - WaPo/Other MSM?
Why does anyone give serious consideration to the "truthfulness" or "worthiness" of this piece?
So who's the most probable liar here? The General? The book authors? The MSM?
I believe "they" mainly wanna paint more black color on Trump showing he's an insane personality; pitch the book to sell better (good for the authors' pockets) and spread the made-to-believe storyline... showing the naivety and/or trigger-easy Chinese military top guy... the US general's wisdom... all are good packed into one fabricated tale... selling the Watergate man (born 1943) to add the credibility, I recall reading that some party/agency used this ex-WaPo reporter to down Nixon... at 78 he's rather old for authoring a book so Costa may be doing the main part. Just another contemporary insanity comes out of D.C. circle's web of lies/disinfo.
I remember my feelings very clearly during these days. I felt Fear, that Trump would launch a nuke, there was a few articles about the nuclear protocol in America which made me feel actual fear.Western MSM likes the narrative of "Wise Generals keeping Crazy Civilians and Crazy Chinese at-bay", so the Generals can spread their endless wars and death around the world.
But yes, I think they stretched the truth to sell more books. It's like a circle-jerk of CIA's intelligence superiority to read China's minds, how US is so gracious to give Chinese "notification" before attack, and how Military leaders know better than Civilian leaders. It's a shit-show all around.