Page 61 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1121315156575859606162636465667191101111161 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 4206
Like Tree4209Likes

China Flanker Thread II

This is a discussion on China Flanker Thread II within the Air Force forums, part of the China Defense & Military category; Sorry, I am not using my computer in Shanghai. 王者回归-专栏-高清放大图:可以看到歼击15的尾钩!-中华网博客...

  1. #901
    A.Man is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,150

    Re: China Flanker Thread II


  2. #902
    Roger604's Avatar
    Roger604 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,152

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    There is a new photo of J-15 on huitong's blog. You can clearly identify the AESA vents. There is also a BBS report that J-10B, J-11BS and J-15 will all have AESA. The fact that so much information is coming out suggests these three will also be in service in the near future.


    Regarding the whole copying of Su-27 thing. J-11B probably won't make China pass the "200 licensed Su-27SK" point, but J-11BS is essentially an upgraded Su-30MKK and J-15 is essentially an upgraded Su-33. The basic design of the airframe comes from the Russians but everything else is indigenous.
    Last edited by Roger604; 07-11-2010 at 11:48 AM.

  3. #903
    cloyce's Avatar
    cloyce is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    167

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger604 View Post
    There is a new photo of J-15 on huitong's blog. You can clearly identify the AESA vents. There is also a BBS report that J-10B, J-11BS and J-15 will all have AESA. The fact that so much information is coming out suggests these three will also be in service in the near future.


    Regarding the whole copying of Su-27 thing. J-11B probably won't make China pass the "200 licensed Su-27SK" point, but J-11BS is essentially an upgraded Su-30MKK and J-15 is essentially an upgraded Su-33. The basic design of the airframe comes from the Russians but everything else is indigenous.
    By huitong's blog you mean this?
    China Defense Blog: July 2010

    Sorry, but I don't see any AESA vents.
    Usually, it's placed on the other side of the plane, so we don't see it.


    Regarding Su-27 copyright thing. It will be criminal to national security if SAC stops building J-11B at 200 units just because russians are unhappy of it.

  4. #904
    Orthan's Avatar
    Orthan is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    75

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by cloyce View Post
    By huitong's blog you mean this?
    China Defense Blog: July 2010
    uh...i thought huitong blog was this:Chinese Military Aviation

  5. #905
    cloyce's Avatar
    cloyce is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    167

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by Orthan View Post
    uh...i thought huitong blog was this:Chinese Military Aviation
    Thanks.

    But, the picture he used is the same we have here.

    Again,there is no AESA cooling gate on sight.


    Hope some new picture come out.
    Last edited by cloyce; 07-11-2010 at 06:21 PM.

  6. #906
    ReneDad is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    49

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by ZTZ99 View Post
    I doubt that explanation. If secrecy were a priority, they would have arranged a demonstration in some rural area and taken the leaders to that location instead. They wanted to show off this plane on purpose.
    It's just a speculation. But in China, I doubt there is someone who dares to suggest the dictator and his clique like this: "Sir, for national security's sake, would you like to move your fat ass to some barn of a village via a bumpy village road to watch the show?"

    Especially there is not any real national security concerns involved in this secrecy matter. The secrecy is just becasue of some communist routine nonsense. The concept of "national secrecy" includes not only planes and missiles, but also such trifles like the brands of toilets used in Hu's and Brezhnev's bathroom. How much national security would be harmed if China released the photos like most of other countries when the plane made its maiden flight?
    Last edited by ReneDad; 07-11-2010 at 05:55 PM.

  7. #907
    latenlazy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,104

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by ReneDad View Post
    It's just a speculation. But in China, I doubt there is someone who dares to suggest the dictator and his clique like this: "Sir, for national security's sake, would you like to move your fat ass to some barn of a village via a bumpy village road to watch the show?"

    Especially there is not any real national security concerns involved in this secrecy matter. The secrecy is just becasue of some communist routine nonsense. The concept of "national secrecy" includes not only planes and missiles, but also such trifles like the brands of toilets used in Hu's and Brezhnev's bathroom. How much national security would be harmed if China released the photos like most of other countries when the plane made its maiden flight?
    You seem to have either a very limited or skewed knowledge of the Politburo.

  8. #908
    siegecrossbow's Avatar
    siegecrossbow is online now Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cedar Park, Texas
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by ReneDad View Post
    It's just a speculation. But in China, I doubt there is someone who dares to suggest the dictator and his clique like this: "Sir, for national security's sake, would you like to move your fat ass to some barn of a village via a bumpy village road to watch the show?"

    Especially there is not any real national security concerns involved in this secrecy matter. The secrecy is just becasue of some communist routine nonsense. The concept of "national secrecy" includes not only planes and missiles, but also such trifles like the brands of toilets used in Hu's and Brezhnev's bathroom. How much national security would be harmed if China released the photos like most of other countries when the plane made its maiden flight?
    When has the brand of the toilet used by Hu been national security? Have you done research in the subject area?

    Speaking of secrecy, I believe that the United States kept the SR-71 and the F-117 Nighthawks secrets too (going as far as spawning the UFO lore to keep cover). Keeping your military strength/capabilities a secret is a great way to deter foreign aggression for ALL nations.

  9. #909
    dingyibvs is offline Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    318

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by latenlazy View Post
    You seem to have either a very limited or skewed knowledge of the Politburo.
    Yea, what he said sounds like what someone during the cold war would say.

  10. #910
    challenge is offline Banned Idiot
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    1,668

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by cloyce View Post
    Thanks.

    But, the picture he used is the same we have here.

    Again,there is no AESA cooling gate on sight.


    Hope some new picture come out.
    there's no mention of AESA,likely that Chinese technician will adapt similiar approach by the US,such as developent of APG-63(V5) or rathyeon RACR. both radar design as a "drop-in" reaplacing the mechanical radar with AESA antenna,while retaining much of original LRU.this reduce cost and risk.

  11. #911
    gullible is offline New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    65

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    j11-b with taihang...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  12. #912
    Deino's Avatar
    Deino is offline Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2,829

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    And a better one ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

  13. #913
    siegecrossbow's Avatar
    siegecrossbow is online now Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Cedar Park, Texas
    Posts
    2,818

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quick question regarding the taihang - does Taihang have the ejector nozzle (nozzle with movable petals for thrust adjustment) or non-adjustable nozzles? It is not obvious from the photograph.

  14. #914
    Quickie's Avatar
    Quickie is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,874

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by siegecrossbow View Post
    Quick question regarding the taihang - does Taihang have the ejector nozzle (nozzle with movable petals for thrust adjustment) or non-adjustable nozzles? It is not obvious from the photograph.
    Yes, they do have the adjustable petals. Some pictures of the Tai Hang engine even show them to have 2 sets of petals, one within the other. However these recent pictures seem to show them to have one set of petals.

  15. #915
    Orthan's Avatar
    Orthan is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    75

    Re: China Flanker Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by tphuang View Post
    here is a more up close picture of J-15. At least it looks real to me.
    [qimg]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9193/j15july10.jpg[/qimg]
    what are those engines?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •